Saturday, September 10, 2011

Plaid Apples





When I use my Cricut, I always forget to make the shapes out of patterned paper. I would normally have just made this apple from red cardstock and called it good. It is SO much cuter with patterned paper....I love the flower die from Papertrey that I used for this. I also used the leaf stamp and dies from Heartfelt. I had the yellow cardstock plain, at first. Then, I went back to my daubin' roots and love it so much more! It just warms it up. I used Autumn terracotta to smudge the edges. Mmmmm. Nummy. I actually made 4 of these at the same time to finish the boys' books, too...much easier that way.

2 comments:

Katie said...

This apple couldn't be any better! I could totally eat it! Hummers! Perfection Karen!

Katie said...

uhh..that should be YUMMERS not hummers! Yikes! thats what I get for typing on my cellphone!