Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Cake


Whew!! I just finished a huge cake for a friend of mine. WOWZERS it was a time comsuming cake. I baked for two days, then decorated for 7 hours!!! I don't want to see or smell cake for a long while. It was fun to play with fondant. I really loved the way that the top layer turned out. The bottom layer wasn't so swell, but it worked. I just really want to learn how people cover square cakes with fondant. I was at Albertsons getting stuff for dinner tonight and saw a fondant covered square cake...with perfect corners!!! Someday...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Spots & Dots Karen! What a stinkin' Gorgeous cake! You are the bestest! I think that you win the Betty Crocker Apron award! I cannot tell that the corners are wrong. Don't change a thing, its perfect! I only hope that someday I can be this good...

Anonymous said...

Karen! Cutie cake:) Keep up the good work, lady. And let me know if you figure out those perfect corners!

Anonymous said...

You are AMAZING!!! I love the cake and I can only dream about being that talented!

Allison said...

Ok, I have a hard time with those colored icings in a can so... fondant?? WOW! Very pretty :)

Janet said...

That is or was my 30th birthday cake. Everyone at my party just LOVED it ! ! ! I am so thankful for you help making my brithday extra special :0)
You are the best Karen ! ! !