Saturday, December 26, 2009

First pages of '08

Well, I had my first official weekend off work. I spent some time scrappin' ... for therapy, of course! These are some pages that I have been making over the last few weeks. I sure had fun making these pages. This one was made with some paper I picked up in North Carolina. I love the colors. I had the border sticker for a few years and I was happy to finally unload it onto a page. The font for the title was cut with my newest, favoritest Cricut cartridge, "Old West." It has 4 different fonts and tons of western images. It is perfect for a family full of boys.
This layout was a ton of work. I love the hand stitches, but they took me an hour!! I was using waxy flax, so I couldn't use a needle. I just had to poke the holes big enough to slide it through. Then, after all that work, I ended up covering the majority of it! Ugh. Oh, well. It was a great page because I included Scott's favorite song for the title. Once again, I used my "Old West" to cut out "bad." I also had some double sided sticky letters that I rubbed copper glitter on. I think Scott is my only child to have pages made of his yowchers. He is always getting hurt.

No comments: