Saturday, January 21, 2012

To Die for Banana Cake

So, I love finding PERFECT recipes...I am always on the hunt. I found this one online. It was SOOOO moist and yummy. It's a keeper.
Cake:
2\3 cup sugar
1\2 cup sour cream
1 egg
2 Tbsp butter, softened
2 mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1\4 tsp salt
1\2 tsp baking soda

Frosting:
2 Tbsp butter, softened
1\4 cup heavy cream
1\2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1\4 cup confectioner's sugar

Preheat oven to 350F. Cream together sugar, sour cream, egg, and butter. Add mashed bananas and vanilla. Add flour, salt, and baking soday. Mix well. Pour into greased 8X8 pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes (using the toothpick test) Cool completely.

top with frosting. NUMMMO. Scrummy.
This recipe doubles easily into a 9X13 pan, too.

1 comment:

Katie-lou said...

I can't wait to try this! I like that it makes a small cake so I don't have to have it staring at me for days and days! Sounds incredible!