Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ya wanna?




So, I have successfully mastered the perfect chocolate cake recipe! I was at Michael's last week JUST to buy some cake boards for Megan's wedding cake when I stumbled upon the AISLE O' CUPCAKES. The whole stinkin' aisle was filled with cupcake wrappers and boxes to match and and and and:) LOVELY. I was silently squealing. So, I knew JUST what Maria NEEDED when she asked me to make some cupcakes for some friends' birthdays coming up. Oh, yeah. Scrum a num. My three taste testers (Big D, Barone, and Beetles) approved of the flava', so I am set:) Here is the recipe (drum roll please. Oh, and don't panic about the mayo...just DO IT)

Cream 1 3\4 cup sugar with 12 tablespoons (1 1\2 cubes) butter (softened)

Add 1\3 cup of mayo to this. Beat for 2 minutes

Add 4 large eggs (one at a time) ROOM TEMP

Add 2 tsp vanilla


In a separate bowl, combine:

2 cups of ALL PURPOSE flour

3\4 cups cocoa

1 1\2 tsp baking soda

1\2 tsp salt

1 pkg of chocolate pudding mix:)


Add this dry mixture to the first mixture a little at a time...alternating with some milk (total of 1 1\2 cups ROOM TEMP).


This recipe is one that I have gathered over the years and from many different places:) I love how moist and rich it is. If you like dainty, light, fluffy...don't come knockin on my door:) ENJOY! This makes 2 8" rounds or 36 cupcakes. I bake the cakes on 325 and cupcakes on 350

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Thanks, Karen. That stuff is too, too cute. Can't wait to try the yum too!

Katie said...

It is Delish!!!Thanks for sharing so mush of what you do!